🥦 NUTRITION WORKSHOP 🥑
AIDA WA are running a second wellness workshop!
Sarah Bell from Nutrition Force specialises in running nutrition workshops with sporting groups around WA. Sarah is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) and a member of the Dietetics Association of Australia. Her qualifications include a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, Masters of Dietetics and Masters of Early Childhood Education.
This workshop is open to all dancers, families and teachers.
Sunday 2nd May @ Curtin University
Ticket price $18.00 including booking fee.
Happy New Year to all of our dance families and friends!
Please take note of the following dates for 2021. Any queries please contact your teachers.
6 & 7 March - AIDA WA Blackout Feis
21 March - St. Patrick's Day Beginners Feis - Irish Club WA
22 & 23 May - Sweets of May Feis
26 & 27 June - Mrs McGowan Memorial Feis
31 July & 1 August - WA State Solo Championships
28 & 29 August - AIDA WA Feis - TBC
11 & 12 September - WA State Ceili Championships & Premiership
14 November - AIDA WA Beginner/Primary Feis
*Syllabus and venues are to be confirmed unless noted above.
Congratulations to all of our dancers that competed in our November feis.
We had a wonderful weekend of dancing including all of the Traditional Sets performed by our senior dancers and exceptional displays of talent in the freestyle sections.
We are very grateful to have been able to hold a number of feisanna this year despite all the challenges we faced. Looking forward to a bigger and brighter 2021!
Location: Leisurepark – Balga, 109 Princess Road, Balga WA 6061
The health and safety of our dancers and families is our number one priority. We will be continuing to run our feisanna with reduced capacities and following all Covid guidelines. With this in mind please take note of the following rules:
1. Limited capacity in the venue, strictly ONE spectator per dancer
2. Seating will be grouped together by dance school and each school is responsible for the cleaning of that section. Please use the same seats for the whole session.
3. All spectators and dancers will be required to completely vacate the hall after the completion of each session and cleaning will be completed.
4. Hand sanitizers will be available for use
5. Sections will run Light shoe dances and then change to Heavy Shoe dances
Presentations and Prizes
• We will be presenting medals for individual places at this feis. We will call all dancers to the presentation area at the start of the results and ask them to stay seated at the front of the stage so we can work through the results in a timely manner.
• All dancers and spectators will be required to vacate the hall once all results have been announced.
Please note: If you are feeling unwell with fever or flu like symptoms - stay home!
Should you have any questions please direct them to your teacher.
Join us on Sunday 1st November to see Riverdance the 25th Anniversary Movie!
We have a group booking for all families and friends of AIDA WA.
Get your tickets at
Capacity is limited get in quick!
Huge congratulations to our 2020 State Solo Champions and to all of our dancers that took part in the State Championships. We are proud of each and every one of you!
A few points to note for our upcoming State Championships
Admission tickets for the 2020 WA State Championships can be purchased via the attached link www.trybooking.com/BLKVM
There will also be a coffee cart at the State Championships this weekend. It will be setup just outside the doors that lead to the oval.
Online orders can be done through cafe.maristauditorium.com.au
This is the preferred method to avoid queues. Once the order is ready you receive a text for pickup.
Unfortunately there will be no canteen at this years State Championships. Instead we have Street Food Lab's food truck attending on both days, serving from 10.30am. They specialise in Japanese and Chinese street food (yum!). Be sure to check them out!
1. Veg Spring Rolls - 5pcs $10
2. Satay Chicken Sticks - 5 pcs $12
3. Japanese Pork Dumpling with Salad - 5pcs $12
4. Japanese Octopus Ball - 8pcs $12
5. Japanese Fried Chicken with Salad -$14
6. BBQ pork bun - 2pcs $10
7. Salt and Pepper Squid Tentacles with Salad -$15
8. Chip Small $6, Large $10
9. Kid Nuggets and Chips $10
10 Japanese Loaded Fries $10
2020 State Championship Timetable
We are extremely fortunate to be in a position to host our regional qualifying event and we would like you to please keep that in mind and note the following key details:
* We will be strictly adhering to the Stage 4 Covid guidelines set by the WA State Government. This includes venue capacity so please be mindful of this when inviting guests.
* if you or your guest are suffering flu like symptoms or have a fever, please stay at home.
* Dancers must come to the venue with hair/wig/make up already done. This is to alleviate prolonged gatherings in bathrooms and other areas of the venue.
* After Presentations are over, the theatre will be emptied so that it can be cleaned. No one will be permitted back into the theatre until the cleaning has been completed.
* Tickets will be ONLINE ONLY. No cash will be accepted. Tickets can be pre-purchased via the trybooking link that will be circulated shortly. Only one persons contact details per group will be required, however, you will need to enter the full name of each person attending and the school you are associated with. You will need to present your barcode to be scanned to collect your wristband.
*Programs will be pre purchased also via the online trybooking link. No cash will be accepted.
* Due to Covid, for this year only - All dancers will receive copy of results via email no later than 24 hours post presentation. Email addresses have been collated by teachers from entry lists.
* Dancers must be ready to walk on stage no less than 30mins before the sessions scheduled start time. All first rounds (with the exception of Sub Minor 6 years and Under) will be the heavy shoe round.
* Teachers will have the competitors numbers. There will be no registration desk.
* Hand sanitizer stations will be set around the venue and ALL dancers will be required to sanitize their hands prior to entering the marshalling area and prior to exiting the Marshaling area post performance.
Any other questions - please ask your teacher who will be able to access the answer for you!
We look forward to seeing you and appreciate your understanding and best efforts to ensure this runs as a safe and friendly event for all.
Happy International Irish Dance Day!!!
Also halfway to St Patrick's Day.
It's been an unusual six months but how lucky have we been here in Western Australia.
Count down is on to our State Championships and celebrating with all of our WA schools.
Celtic Academy Irish Dance
The Academy Irish Dance Co. Perth
Scoil Rince na hÉireann
Kavanagh Studio of Irish Dance
Scoil Rince Ni Bhaird Irish Dancing School
Trinity Studio of Irish Dance
Three Crowns School of Irish Dancing - Scoil Rince Trí Mullaigh.
O'Hare School of Irish Dancing
O'Brien Academy of Irish Dancing
WA Academy of Irish Dancing